Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Susan[_2_] Susan[_2_] is offline

Default Notepad problem

Hello,
I know this is meant for Word program problems but I haven't been able
to find anything about the simpler "Notepad" and thought I would ask here.
The problem I'm having isn't huge it's just that for some reason each time I
open Notepad it doesn't expand all the way as it did when I first started
using it. Now when I open it, it opens to small rectangle on the right side
of my screen and I have to maximize it each time. At first it wasn't so bad
but when I have several simple text documents to look at it comes a pain to
expand each one to it's maximum size.
As I said, when I first started using Notepad this didn't happen and I have
no idea how I did it or how to fix it.

I hope someone can help me with this.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Notepad is part of Windows, so a Windows Newsgroup would have been
appropriate. However, you can modify the start parameters to open Maximized.
Right-click on the Notepad Icon and select Properties. One of the option
boxes will probably say Start in Normal Window: just select Maximize and
Apply.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Susan" wrote in message
Hello,
I know this is meant for Word program problems but I haven't been able
to find anything about the simpler "Notepad" and thought I would ask here.
The problem I'm having isn't huge it's just that for some reason each time
I open Notepad it doesn't expand all the way as it did when I first
started using it. Now when I open it, it opens to small rectangle on the
right side of my screen and I have to maximize it each time. At first it
wasn't so bad but when I have several simple text documents to look at it
comes a pain to expand each one to it's maximum size.
As I said, when I first started using Notepad this didn't happen and I
have no idea how I did it or how to fix it.

I hope someone can help me with this.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Susan[_2_] Susan[_2_] is offline

Thank you for the clarification on where to post. I will try the Windows
group. I followed your instructions and the notepad still opens in the same
small square. Thanks so much for your help with this though.

Notepad T Miller Microsoft Word Help 1 October 20th 06 02:13 AM
notepad formatting Mary Beth Microsoft Word Help 2 September 14th 06 09:10 PM
Notepad is opening minimized Mr MM Microsoft Word Help 2 April 11th 06 04:31 PM
Notepad to Word "copy/paste" formatting problem D-Cam Microsoft Word Help 1 March 22nd 06 10:53 AM
Where is the notepad kjohnson Microsoft Word Help 3 September 9th 05 07:41 PM