Tom Campbell

Default Word not opening in Outlook or other programs

Hi, I have two problems with Word 2003.

When my computer is first started I can open Word documents from my Outlook,
Explorer, etc. However, after a couple of hours when I click on a document
in Outlook, or another app., Word does not start. I can start Word through
the Start button and open a document. If I reboot my machine, I can open
documents again within Outlook, etc.; then in about an hour the problem
starts over again.

Also, my menu and toolbars sometimes disappear. I started Word with the /a
parmameter through the Run command line and this solved the problem. I also
renamed the Normal.dot template and changed the Registry key. This solved
the problem in the short term, but a few hours later the problem reappeared.

How do I find out what program is changing my template, if this is the
problem? For a quick fix, how can I get Word to start up automatically with
the /a parmameter when using Outlook and other apps - if this will solve the
problem of Word not opening?

Thanks for your help,
Tom Campbell
Chuck Davis

[...]

.

Download Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition, update and scan your
PC for the presence of spywa
http://www.lavasoftusa.com Later, update and run at least
once a week.