Jackie D

Default WRD 2000 - breaks

Hi

Can someone tell me the difference between a section breake and a page break?

--

Many thanks
JD
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:50:03 -0700, "Jackie D"
wrote:

Hi

Can someone tell me the difference between a section breake and a page break?

Hi Jackie,

A page break is just a character that causes the next thing after it
to begin on a new page.

A section break is a signal to Word to start a new section. When you
have two or more sections in a document, each one can have its own set
of margins, headers, footers, columns, and a number of other things.
Although a section break can begin a new page, it doesn't have to --
it can be a "continuous" section break so there are two sections on
the same page. The article at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...thSections.htm explains
this and more.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Needing help in Florida Needing help in Florida is offline

Jay,
Since the Section has it's own headers and footers, how can I ensure that
the headers appear on the same page that I have a section break on. In other
words, can I have more than one header or footer on one page? I submitted
this question once before, but can not find the answer. Thanks in advance.

Jacqueline

wrote:

Hi

Can someone tell me the difference between a section breake and a page break?

Hi Jackie,

A page break is just a character that causes the next thing after it
to begin on a new page.

A section break is a signal to Word to start a new section. When you
have two or more sections in a document, each one can have its own set
of margins, headers, footers, columns, and a number of other things.
Although a section break can begin a new page, it doesn't have to --
it can be a "continuous" section break so there are two sections on
the same page. The article at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...thSections.htm explains
this and more.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

No, any single page has at most one header and one footer, no matter how
many sections occur on the page (if some of them have continuous section
breaks). As for as I can tell, they'll always be the ones from the first
section that occurs on the page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman