Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roger Wells Roger Wells is offline

Default How to get the File Name into the Footer in Word 2007

In Word 2003 having the File Name and Path be shown in either the Header or
the Footer was simple as it was listed as an option. I cannot find out how to
do this in Word 2007. Any help would be apreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Insert a FILENAME field in the footer. Open the footer. Press CTRL
+F9, type FILENAME inside the field braces, right click and toggle the
the field code display.

On Mar 21, 7:52 am, Roger Wells
wrote:
In Word 2003 having the File Name and Path be shown in either the Header or
the Footer was simple as it was listed as an option. I cannot find out how to
do this in Word 2007. Any help would be apreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roger Wells Roger Wells is offline

Greg
Thank you very much. That was very helpful to both my work and my blood
preasure.
Roger

wrote:
In Word 2003 having the File Name and Path be shown in either the Header or
the Footer was simple as it was listed as an option. I cannot find out how to
do this in Word 2007. Any help would be apreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James James is offline

An easier way...I think....is to select "quick parts" then "field" and scorll
down to filename....

wrote:
In Word 2003 having the File Name and Path be shown in either the Header or
the Footer was simple as it was listed as an option. I cannot find out how to
do this in Word 2007. Any help would be apreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Here's a template you can download that contains Building Blocks for the
Filename and Path along with instructions for copying them so they'll be
available to all documents:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...033.aspx?pid=C...

Note: To avoid errors with this delivery method, exit Word prior to
downloading the template. If you don't, you could encounter an "in use"
error if you've already accessed a Building Blocks gallery in Word.

Also, this is a temporary solution. Building Blocks for the filename and
path is slated for publishing in the Building Blocks gallery, instead of the
Template gallery, which will make the delivery seamless - you won't need to
exit Word first and then copy the Building Blocks. :-)

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word