Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frenchy frenchy is offline

Default How do I add numbers on keyboard?

How do I add numbers (total) on the numeric keypad on the keyboard?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett Tom Willett is offline

It's not a calculator.

"frenchy" wrote in message
| How do I add numbers (total) on the numeric keypad on the keyboard?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word does include a rudimentary calculator, however; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/ToolsCalculate.htm

"Tom Willett" wrote in message
It's not a calculator.

"frenchy" wrote in message
| How do I add numbers (total) on the numeric keypad on the keyboard?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frenchy frenchy is offline

On the right side of the keyboard there is a keypad with a numlock button to
turn on. I can input the numbers with plus sign but can't get a total. Help.

"Tom Willett" wrote:

It's not a calculator.

"frenchy" wrote in message
| How do I add numbers (total) on the numeric keypad on the keyboard?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The keypad is used to type numbers into a document. It is *not* a
calculator. It is just another way of typing the same characters you get on
the top row of the keyboard (with the difference that some shortcut keys
that work with the numeric keypad don't work with the number row).

"frenchy" wrote in message
On the right side of the keyboard there is a keypad with a numlock button

turn on. I can input the numbers with plus sign but can't get a total.

Help.

"Tom Willett" wrote:

It's not a calculator.

"frenchy" wrote in message
| How do I add numbers (total) on the numeric keypad on the keyboard?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett Tom Willett is offline

It's not a calculator!
It's simply a keypad that has numbers on it, just like the numbers on the
keyboard itself.

Tom
"frenchy" wrote in message
| On the right side of the keyboard there is a keypad with a numlock button
| turn on. I can input the numbers with plus sign but can't get a total.
Help.

| "Tom Willett" wrote:
|
| It's not a calculator.
|
| "frenchy" wrote in message
| | How do I add numbers (total) on the numeric keypad on the keyboard?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frenchy frenchy is offline

I realize now I must open the "calculator" first, then I can add from the
numeric keypad and then press enter on the keypad, or the "equal sign" on the
calculator. I do thank you for responding.

"frenchy" wrote in message
On the right side of the keyboard there is a keypad with a numlock button

turn on. I can input the numbers with plus sign but can't get a total.

Help.

"Tom Willett" wrote:

It's not a calculator.

"frenchy" wrote in message
| How do I add numbers (total) on the numeric keypad on the keyboard?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frenchy frenchy is offline

I learned that I must open the "calculator" first, then I can add from the
numeric keypad, and then total by pressing the "enter" key on the keypad, or
clicking the equal sign on the calculator. Thank you for acknowledging my
inquiry.

"Tom Willett" wrote:

It's not a calculator.

"frenchy" wrote in message
| How do I add numbers (total) on the numeric keypad on the keyboard?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Calculator is a Windows accessory, nothing to do with Word.

"frenchy" wrote in message
I learned that I must open the "calculator" first, then I can add from the
numeric keypad, and then total by pressing the "enter" key on the keypad,

or
clicking the equal sign on the calculator. Thank you for acknowledging my
inquiry.

"Tom Willett" wrote:

It's not a calculator.