Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Word Maven

Default How do I manually indent a whole paragraph in Word????

I want to turn OFF all those pesky automatic formatting things in Word. I
want to type my own numbers and letters for paragraphs and be able to indent
a whole paragraph MANUALLY (a la Wordperfect). Is this possible in Word?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can create indents with the Format | Paragraph dialog or by dragging the
indent markers on the ruler. You can indent a paragraph to the first tab
stop with Ctrl+M or create a hanging indent with Ctrl+T. But the best
solution is to apply a style. If you use the built-in List style, you will
already have a hanging indent (which you can customize to suit yourself),
and you can type your numbers manually, press Tab, and be at the indented
left margin.

"Word Maven" Word wrote in message
I want to turn OFF all those pesky automatic formatting things in Word. I
want to type my own numbers and letters for paragraphs and be able to

indent
a whole paragraph MANUALLY (a la Wordperfect). Is this possible in Word?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Daiya Mitchell

Also see here, re pesky things and numbers:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/