Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
~mike~

Default Saving a backup

Is it possible to make Word automatically save a renamed backup of the
document being worked on, say every 10 minutes to a folder of my choice?
For instance if I'm working on script.doc the backups are saved to
/script_backups/script.bak.doc

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Debbie

€¢ Go to Tools Options Save tab to define how many minutes. Select the
"Set AutoRevoer info every:" checkbox and enter the number of minutes.
€¢ Go to Tools Options File Locations to select the folder. Highlight
"AutoRecover files" and click the Modify button to browse for the folder.

"~mike~" wrote:

Is it possible to make Word automatically save a renamed backup of the
document being worked on, say every 10 minutes to a folder of my choice?
For instance if I'm working on script.doc the backups are saved to
/script_backups/script.bak.doc

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:47:25 GMT, "~mike~"
wrote:

Is it possible to make Word automatically save a renamed backup of the
document being worked on, say every 10 minutes to a folder of my choice?
For instance if I'm working on script.doc the backups are saved to
/script_backups/script.bak.doc

See http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm for a macro that
can save a duplicate copy to a separate location. As it is, though,
the macro doesn't fire automatically every x minutes. A separate macro
could be written to call the backup on a schedule.

Setting the AutoRecover interval and location will *not* save a backup
copy in the way you think -- if you exit Word normally, the
AutoRecover file is deleted. It's useful only if Word crashes while
you're working on the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

My web page also links to the Savereminder macro which can be configured to
automatically save the document if that is what you really want to do.
Personally I would like to make this sort of decision for myself.

wrote:

Is it possible to make Word automatically save a renamed backup of
the document being worked on, say every 10 minutes to a folder of my
choice? For instance if I'm working on script.doc the backups are
saved to /script_backups/script.bak.doc

See http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm for a macro that
can save a duplicate copy to a separate location. As it is, though,
the macro doesn't fire automatically every x minutes. A separate macro
could be written to call the backup on a schedule.

Setting the AutoRecover interval and location will *not* save a backup
copy in the way you think -- if you exit Word normally, the
AutoRecover file is deleted. It's useful only if Word crashes while
you're working on the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm for general
information and the link Jay gave you for a macro to save in more than one
place.

"~mike~" wrote in message
Is it possible to make Word automatically save a renamed backup of the
document being worked on, say every 10 minutes to a folder of my choice?
For instance if I'm working on script.doc the backups are saved to
/script_backups/script.bak.doc

about the save backup option terry Microsoft Word Help 3 December 15th 05 01:26 PM
Backup and Autosave Greg Microsoft Word Help 3 November 15th 05 02:05 PM
When saving document the saving box always appiers under the docum Yarek Microsoft Word Help 3 June 24th 05 12:16 AM
No backup Ron Patterson New Users 9 June 22nd 05 11:38 PM
desperately searching for special backup solution Ulfried Terlitza Microsoft Word Help 1 June 21st 05 08:55 PM