Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Default Header Rows in Table Won't Repeat

I have a multi-page table that needs to have the top three rows repeat as a
header. When I mark only the top row as a header, it repeats just fine, but
whenever I try to mark more than one row as a header, nothing repeats.

The rows I'm trying to mark as headers are all contiguous. I have tried
marking them as header rows in the Table Properties dialog box and also by
using the Table Heading Rows Repeat menu command. When I put my cursor in
any one of the top three rows, the Table Properties dialog box shows the row
as being marked as a header row. I've checked to make sure there are no
deleted rows being tracked, and there is nothing marked as hidden.

Any guesses on why this won't work? I always thought it was supposed to,
and I think I've been able to make it work before.

Thanks,

Fred

I'm running Word 2003 under XP Professional.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Arggghhhhh! I had tried it 100 times and it wouldn't work, but when I tried
the 101st time IT WORKED! Now I just won't touch it and I'll hope it sticks.

Of course I still don't know why it wouldn't work the first 100 times. Ya
gotta love Mr. Gates.