Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Khuxan Khuxan is offline
Junior Member

Default Simple Citation Style of the "Note" Variety, not In-Line

Hi all,

I've been experimenting with Word's in-built citation software (for various reasons, I don't want to use Zotero, EndNote, etc.)

What seems well catered for is the in-line style of referencing where a source is given in brackets with a year (Smith, 2006).

However, I can only find one citation style on the web that gives the full citation that would be suitable for a footnote or an endnote. That is the Chicago Footnotes style found he https://bibword.codeplex.com/wikipag...ringTitle=Home (in beta, as it has been since 2008)

That style is not set up for bibliographies. What it proves, however, is that there is no technical barrier to having a citation style that produces "note" citations rather than in-line citations - so why can't I find any such styles?

I did do a very crude job of copy-pasting the bibliography code from the Harvard style into the rest of the Chicago Footnotes style. That almost works, but it omits author and editor names in the bibliography, unfortunately.

So my questions are

(1) Why are there no complete citation styles that produce "note" citations rather than in-line styles? and

(2) is there an easy way to fix my weird Frankenstein's monster Chicago Footnotes-Harvard citation style so that it shows author and editor names?

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: If you would like to look at my mashup citation style, you can download it he http://www.filehosting.org/file/deta...MSFootnote.XSL

Last edited by Khuxan : February 25th 15 at 05:24 AM