Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Porboy423

Default Bookmarks in Headers for Report Form Templates - is it possable?

I am trying to create a template to be used to document incidents. I need to
have information such as the date, time, location, person who took the
reoprt... etc. on the top of each page of the report. I will also need a
seperate narritive section possabily set off with a border. Ultimately I
would like to only have to enter the header info once. I tried placing form
fields in the header and desiging around that, but that doesn't work. I
researched Userforms by briefly reading the tips on:
(http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/...ormContent.htm) and wonder
if Bookmarks in the header is the direction I need to head in. Since others
would be using this template too I may also want to add dialoge boxes to help
them use the form. Is this the way to go or do I need to head in another
direction?

I have many more questions, but I'll try to tackle the big ugly ones first.

Helpfull feedback is very much appreciatated,
- porboy423-
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Put your form fields in the body on the first page. Encase the fields in
bookmarks. Use cross-reference fields in the header to replicate the
bookmarks information to the other pages.

On 4/4/06 3:32 PM, in article
, "Porboy423"

(
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/...ormContent.htm) and wonder
if Bookmarks in the header is the direction I need to head in. Since others
would be using this template too I may also want to add dialoge boxes to help
them use the form. Is this the way to go or do I need to head in another
direction?

I have many more questions, but I'll try to tackle the big ugly ones first.

Helpfull feedback is very much appreciatated,
- porboy423-

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410