Walter Schwarz

Default cannot modify footer in word doc

thx for the hints. the problem is not related to the size of the
footer margin, there is sufficient space.

i have played around a bit more and found that it is apparently
related to the usage of sections (i assume that the correct english
term for the german term "Abschnitt") and the feature "hdr/ftr
different on first page". i can make the footer appear on the first
page of the second section by tinkering with the configuration, but
never the intended appearance (footer on all pages of 2nd section with
first one different).

this sounds a little like document corruption. the instructions for
fixing corrupted docs look complicated to me (how do i specify
"section break" in find?). i will try nevertheless.

/thx for your help Walter

Daiya Mitchell

i have played around a bit more and found that it is apparently
related to the usage of sections (i assume that the correct english
term for the german term "Abschnitt") and the feature "hdr/ftr
different on first page". i can make the footer appear on the first
page of the second section by tinkering with the configuration, but
never the intended appearance (footer on all pages of 2nd section with
first one different).

Sounds to me as though you have managed to turn on the First Page Header in
your Section (yes, good guess at the English terms), but the final step is
to View Headers/Footers and type what you want into the First Page Header
(which will be clearly labeled). See for a fuller explanation:
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/HeaderFooter.htm

If that does not do it, *do* return to your original thread so that we know
the whole of the problem, as Suzanne said.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

IanRoy

Hi, Walter Schwarz;
More Special Section Break;
Or, type ^b in the "Find what" box.
You will have to be in normal or outline view to see the results.
Regards,
IanRoy.