Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
toolboxx toolboxx is offline

Default how do i copy form input fields within the same word document?

i am familiar with using form input fields by using the forms toolbar,however
when i add new input fields to an already existing document with 'smaller'
looking input fields than when i hit 'ab'.. when i add my new fields and lock
or protect the doc. the previous fields do not function and only my 2 fields
can be accessed.. this document was previously locked and i have unlocked
it...

so how do i copy a couple of the existing form fields which are not number
or text limited to the top of the document and ill change the input tabs..
the alternative is to add my form fields plus replace the old form fields on
hundreds of documents
help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?dG9vbGJveHg=?=,

i am familiar with using form input fields by using the forms toolbar,however
when i add new input fields to an already existing document with 'smaller'
looking input fields than when i hit 'ab'.. when i add my new fields and lock
or protect the doc. the previous fields do not function and only my 2 fields
can be accessed.. this document was previously locked and i have unlocked
it...

so how do i copy a couple of the existing form fields which are not number
or text limited to the top of the document and ill change the input tabs..
the alternative is to add my form fields plus replace the old form fields on
hundreds of documents

Your problem description is a bit... incoherent. It would help if you'd
structure it more clearly, correct typos, and provide some basic information.

1. Which version of Word is involved? Or is more than one version involved?

2. How, specifically, do existing fields in the document no longer function?

3. Does your form contain any section breaks?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)