Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tim Tim is offline

Default Colour of intersecting borders are difficult to control

I am using Word 2003 with large tables containing various colours of borders
on different cells.
The problem I am having is the colour and thickness of intersecting borders
appears difficult to control and appears to be based on internal rules within
Word.

For example a border intersecting corner in the middle of a table gets the
colour of the horizontal border to the right. But borders at outer edges seem
to take on the colour of any of the intersecting borders depending on
relative colours (e.g. darker over lighter) and horizontal/vertical
orientation.

Can anyone let me know what precisely the rules are, or if it is possible to
control border intersections with a setting or property I am not currently
aware of?