Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dick De Vries Dick De Vries is offline

Default Word 2007 table cell color selection

How do I prevent blue shading of a table cell while typing or clicking in the
cell. The shading becomes too dark to see the text.

I am a teacher and use table cells to create test questions, this has works
fine in previous versions of Word but not in 2007

Thank you
Dick De Vries
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I'm not seeing blue shading of table cells when I type in a table cell. If I
select a table cell, it is shaded in blue, but the moment I start to type,
the selection shading disappears. And unless I change the text color to
something very light, the shading doesn't obscure the text.

I have a feeling that I'm missing something you're doing. If you can
describe the formatting you're using and the steps you're following, maybe I
can reproduce the effect you're seeing.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"Dick De Vries" Dick De wrote in message
How do I prevent blue shading of a table cell while typing or clicking in
the
cell. The shading becomes too dark to see the text.

I am a teacher and use table cells to create test questions, this has
works
fine in previous versions of Word but not in 2007

Thank you
Dick De Vries

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dick De Vries[_2_] Dick De Vries[_2_] is offline

Hi and thanks for the response

What you describe as blue shading sounds correct, but when I continue to
type the blue shadings stay. If I hit enter or click in the table cell the
blue gets a bit darker for each click of enter and after about five clicks it
is solid blue.

I am on default settings, using Times New Roman, black text, I have tried
different fonts and different font colors. One cell or many, show all
characters on or off, it all stays the same.

I wonder if it is some type of auto correct or auto select setting but I
can't find it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dick De Vries

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

This sounds like some kind of a display driver issue.

As an intermediate step, I would try starting Word in safe mode (hold Ctrl
as Word is starting, then click Yes to starting in safe mode).

If the problem still occurs when starting Word in safe mode, try updating
your printer and display drivers (or, at the very least, try a different
display resolution to see if the problem continues).

If the problem does not occur in safe mode, then I'd begin to suspect some
kind of registry corruption, template corruption, or a misbehaving add-in.
The steps he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

....need to be adjusted for Word 2007 (i.e., office 12), but the same basic
principles apply.

--

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dick De Vries[_2_] Dick De Vries[_2_] is offline

Hi
Your comment on the display driver got me thinking. I installed the same
'07 version of Word on my Laptop. The problem was not there on the Laptop.
I have a dual booting computer with XP on one drive and Vista on another
drive. The problem is not there on the XP drive. That should rule out the
hard ware as both the XP and the Vista system run on the same hardware. I
could do a re-install on the Vista drive. If it is a setting in Word that
should set it back to the default settings I have on the Laptop and the XP
version.
Thanks for your time
Dick De Vries

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Display drivers have been a real sore point with Vista. So, rather than
reinstalling Vista, I would instead look to see if there is an updated
display driver that is Vista-compatible (e.g., if you're using an
nVidia-based display adapter, check nVidia's web site, etc.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com
news

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bikash Paul Bikash Paul is offline

Hi Dick,

I had a similar problem and it was resolved by creating a new windows user
account.

Hope that helps.

"Dick De Vries" wrote:

How do I prevent blue shading of a table cell while typing or clicking in the
cell. The shading becomes too dark to see the text.

I am a teacher and use table cells to create test questions, this has works
fine in previous versions of Word but not in 2007

Thank you
Dick De Vries

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] paul.bikash@gmail.com is offline

On Apr 20, 8:28 am, Dick De Vries Dick De
wrote:
How do I prevent blueshadingof atablecell while typing or clicking in the
cell. Theshadingbecomes too dark to see the text.

I am a teacher and usetablecells to create test questions, this has works
fine in previous versions ofWordbut not in 2007

Thank you
Dick De Vries

Hi Dick,

I had a similar problem and i resolved it by creating a new windws
user account.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Bikash Paul