aft

Default rtf file received....has tons of formatting ;can't read body of do

Can anyone help with this. I received an email attachement with an rtf
extension. When I open it in word I get every tab and space and the docuemnt
is 155 pages long becasue of the unnecessary formattgin showing. How can I
quickly remove the formatting?
Shauna Kelly

Hi

Word should recognize an rtf file, and open it appropriately. But it seems
it's not doing this for you, possibly because there's some problem with the
file.

Try this. First, do not try to open the file from the email. Save the file
from the email to your hard drive (in Outlook it's File Save Attachments).
Second, in Word, do Tools Options. On the General tab, tick "Confirm
conversion at open". Now, open the rft file from where you saved it on your
hard drive. You should get a box asking you to identify the format of the
file. Choose RTF and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word