Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rathish Rathish is offline

Default Need guidance

Hi,
i am new to the world of Word my job profile is office automation every day
i learn new things can any oneshare
some of their experiences in order to explore new things in word which will
certainly help me to learn more about office automation as well as to gain
knowledge and by which i can implement that in my work. I would be very
thankfull, because i feel have a very little
amount of knowledge regarding the Word (Office Automation) i want some one
to guide me towards the more interesting phase of word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Brian is offline

Rathish,

Before we can point you in the right direction, could you tell us which
version of Word you are using?

Regards,
--
Brian McCaffery

"Rathish" wrote:

Hi,
i am new to the world of Word my job profile is office automation every day
i learn new things can any oneshare
some of their experiences in order to explore new things in word which will
certainly help me to learn more about office automation as well as to gain
knowledge and by which i can implement that in my work. I would be very
thankfull, because i feel have a very little
amount of knowledge regarding the Word (Office Automation) i want some one
to guide me towards the more interesting phase of word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Brian is offline

Look at the tutorials at the following URL:
http://word.mvps.org/Tutorials/FreeToAccess.htm

If you get stuck, remember there are plenty of people here willing to help.

Hope this helps,
--
Brian McCaffery

"Rathish" wrote:

Hi,
i am new to the world of Word my job profile is office automation every day
i learn new things can any oneshare
some of their experiences in order to explore new things in word which will
certainly help me to learn more about office automation as well as to gain
knowledge and by which i can implement that in my work. I would be very
thankfull, because i feel have a very little
amount of knowledge regarding the Word (Office Automation) i want some one
to guide me towards the more interesting phase of word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Brian is offline

Ok. One of the key elements of Word, once you have played around with basic
keyboard skills assigning Bold etc. is an understanding of the Styles. Try
creating a test template (.dot file) Open a copy of a document, then attach
the template. Now you can edit the stlyles to make the Document look how you
want it . You will find the tutorials on the link to guide you.

Let us know how you are getting on.
--
Brian McCaffery

"Rathish" wrote:

Hi,
i am new to the world of Word my job profile is office automation every day
i learn new things can any oneshare
some of their experiences in order to explore new things in word which will
certainly help me to learn more about office automation as well as to gain
knowledge and by which i can implement that in my work. I would be very
thankfull, because i feel have a very little
amount of knowledge regarding the Word (Office Automation) i want some one
to guide me towards the more interesting phase of word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rathish Rathish is offline

Dear Sir,
Thank You very much
I tried the link that you sent to me it was very complicated as i first
tried it but later i found it very exciting when i found it was working.
Today i created the the form field , Locked it then i retrieved it to MS-
EXcel. I am very excited when i found it works .

"Rathish" wrote:

Hi,
i am new to the world of Word my job profile is office automation every day
i learn new things can any oneshare
some of their experiences in order to explore new things in word which will
certainly help me to learn more about office automation as well as to gain
knowledge and by which i can implement that in my work. I would be very
thankfull, because i feel have a very little
amount of knowledge regarding the Word (Office Automation) i want some one
to guide me towards the more interesting phase of word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rathish Rathish is offline

Private Sub Document_New()
'sets both global variables
'...for total and score fields...
'to zero so they can run at least once
gintTotal = 0
gintTestTaken = 0
I Inserted this macro while i was trying to to Automate the quiz Form it is
showing compile error. can you make me understand what this compile error
usually mean. this compile eror is shown in (gintTotal = 0).

"Rathish" wrote:

Hi,
i am new to the world of Word my job profile is office automation every day
i learn new things can any oneshare
some of their experiences in order to explore new things in word which will
certainly help me to learn more about office automation as well as to gain
knowledge and by which i can implement that in my work. I would be very
thankfull, because i feel have a very little
amount of knowledge regarding the Word (Office Automation) i want some one
to guide me towards the more interesting phase of word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Brian is offline

Rathish,

I am pleased that you are enjoying the learning experience. Don't run before
you can crawl though ;-).

You have not decared your variables. Read the following:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...eVariables.htm

For example,
Dim gintTotal As String
Dim gintTestTaken As String

If you have further problems with macros, post a new thread, explain what
you are trying to achieve, and paste in the code. Someone will look at it and
post back.

Keep trying, and remember never ask "Can this be done?" but always "How can
this be done?" there is always a way.

Hope this helps,
--
Brian McCaffery

"Rathish" wrote:

Hi,
i am new to the world of Word my job profile is office automation every day
i learn new things can any oneshare
some of their experiences in order to explore new things in word which will
certainly help me to learn more about office automation as well as to gain
knowledge and by which i can implement that in my work. I would be very
thankfull, because i feel have a very little
amount of knowledge regarding the Word (Office Automation) i want some one
to guide me towards the more interesting phase of word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rathish Rathish is offline

Dear Sir,

while exploring the net i found a video by Brian Jones in which he gave
demonstration regarding how to use custom XML schemas to pass data between
Word and Excel.
If you find any video which demonstrating anything about word please send a
link to me.
I would like to go through it.

"Rathish" wrote:

Hi,
i am new to the world of Word my job profile is office automation every day
i learn new things can any oneshare
some of their experiences in order to explore new things in word which will
certainly help me to learn more about office automation as well as to gain
knowledge and by which i can implement that in my work. I would be very
thankfull, because i feel have a very little
amount of knowledge regarding the Word (Office Automation) i want some one
to guide me towards the more interesting phase of word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Brian is offline

Rathish,

Have a look at this site.

http://www.gcflearnfree.org/Tutorial...&tutorialID=27

Hope it helps,
--
Brian McCaffery

"Rathish" wrote:

Hi,
i am new to the world of Word my job profile is office automation every day
i learn new things can any oneshare
some of their experiences in order to explore new things in word which will
certainly help me to learn more about office automation as well as to gain
knowledge and by which i can implement that in my work. I would be very
thankfull, because i feel have a very little
amount of knowledge regarding the Word (Office Automation) i want some one
to guide me towards the more interesting phase of word.

Guidance on when to use exhibit vs appendix vs attachment sdp Microsoft Word Help 4 April 29th 23 02:48 PM
Word Choice Guidance SV Page Layout 2 January 26th 07 03:30 PM
Workgroup templates - guidance needed jonny Page Layout 10 November 21st 06 10:26 AM