Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeR-Oz MikeR-Oz is offline

Default Footnotes-endnote and re-using the ref. No.

Hi,

I have beenttrying to work the footnote insertion endnote by having the
same number applied to several areas of the document. Such that end note 3
may contain refernce to the publication that I have refernced or drawn my
discussion in the sentence and later I may wish to again use the same source
document from another section of my document / sentence and then want to
again use 3 . Currently I have hgas dto create new numbers , say 3, 6, 9 for
the same refernce documnet across my writing.

How do I use the same number multiple times in the document I am writing?

Cheers
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeR-Oz MikeR-Oz is offline

Suzanne,
Embarrassingly simple really- thanks again for helping me out!
Michael

"MikeR-Oz" wrote in message
Hi,

I have beenttrying to work the footnote insertion endnote by having the
same number applied to several areas of the document. Such that end note 3
may contain refernce to the publication that I have refernced or drawn my
discussion in the sentence and later I may wish to again use the same

source
document from another section of my document / sentence and then want to
again use 3 . Currently I have hgas dto create new numbers , say 3, 6, 9

for
the same refernce documnet across my writing.

How do I use the same number multiple times in the document I am writing?

Cheers
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You're very welcome. But note that nothing in Word is "embarrassingly
simple." It's only simple *after* you know how to do it!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert | Reference | Cross-reference to Footnote number (formatted).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"MikeR-Oz" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeR-Oz MikeR-Oz is offline

Suzanne, Hving now tried the solution I have a further question. When i
insert the crooss reference-formatted , the number generated upon mouse hover
says 'current document' and not the full reference that appears at the end
like the original or first inserted reference number provides on mouse hover.
Can this be corrected so the details on mouse hover remain ? If I click on
this cross referenced number, it does bring me to where the first use of the
reference and number is located within the document.

Mike

"MikeR-Oz" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
No, I don't think there is any way to get the ScreenTip you have with an
original endnote. Sorry.

The only way to have the ScreenTip show something more helpful than "Active
Document" (I think) would be to insert the NOTEREF field (cross reference to
footnote/endnote) by hand:
{ NOTEREF My_Footnote_1_ScreenTip \f \h }
where My_Footnote_1_ScreenTip is the text you want to have as a screen tip
(... and it mustn't have spaces).

Then apply a bookmark named My_Footnote_1_ScreenTip to the footnote
reference in the text.

Not automated and pretty limited though, and a lot of work.

Regards,
Klaus