Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BenT BenT is offline

Default grouping

I'm running Vista and Office Small Business 2007.
In word, I am unable to group a photo with text boxes and shapes. I am able to group them if I first save the photo as a 2003 XP compatible document.
Is this a bug or what am I doing wrong?
Bent
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

This is a known issue. The other work-around is to place the objects onto
the drawing canvas. Once grouped and removed from the canvas (or converted
back into a Word 2007 docx document), those objects can now be ungrouped,
regrouped, etc. However, the newer Picture Tools - Format ribbon will not be
available for them. And, any pictures subsequently inserted will not be
groupable (until/unless they've been "laundered" in a similar way).

I don't know if this is a bug or if it's a "feature". It's related to the
new graphics "engine" being used in Word 2007. I don't know if this will be
fixed in a future release, or if we're stuck with it.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

Grouping BenT New Users 6 June 22nd 07 10:49 PM
Check box grouping Geoff Microsoft Word Help 1 December 20th 06 09:08 AM
grouping objects Patti Tables 1 November 16th 06 01:18 PM
Grouping Mary Lee Page Layout 1 June 20th 05 11:16 PM
grouping Susan Microsoft Word Help 1 June 14th 05 08:24 PM