Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat[_2_] Pat[_2_] is offline

Default Little Annoying Paste Icon

When I paste text in Word 2002, I always get a small, annoying clipboard icon (the paste
icon) next to the word I pasted. How do I prevent that little icon from showing up?

(Gee, I miss Word 2000!)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Select Tools Options Edit tab and turn off "Show Paste Options Buttons".

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Pat" wrote:

When I paste text in Word 2002, I always get a small, annoying clipboard icon (the paste
icon) next to the word I pasted. How do I prevent that little icon from showing up?

(Gee, I miss Word 2000!)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat[_2_] Pat[_2_] is offline

Ahhh... thank you!

"Lene Fredborg" wrote...

"Pat" wrote:

When I paste text in Word 2002, I always get a small, annoying clipboard icon (the

paste
icon) next to the word I pasted. How do I prevent that little icon from showing up?

(Gee, I miss Word 2000!)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

As Lene noted, it can be turned off, but have you taken a look at the
options it provides? I've found it saves me a LOT of extra time depending on
what I'm pasting. For example if I'm pasting text that contains formatting
and want to strip the formatting of the source so it matches the formatting
of destination paragraph then the "Keep text only" option is quite handy.

If you find the button lingers too long, press the Esc key to dismiss it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Pat" wrote in message
When I paste text in Word 2002, I always get a small, annoying clipboard
icon (the paste
icon) next to the word I pasted. How do I prevent that little icon from
showing up?

(Gee, I miss Word 2000!)

I want to turn off the annoying lightening bolt icon. AES Microsoft Word Help 19 May 11th 23 02:48 AM
How do I stop the annoying cut and paste clipboard? Pank Microsoft Word Help 16 July 12th 19 04:17 PM
Annoying 'Help paste' symbol that gets in the way. How to remove? Krazykaj Microsoft Word Help 3 January 30th 06 04:29 PM
lost paste icon Simon New Users 2 January 6th 06 10:21 PM
Annoying Paste Text Trouble Fred T New Users 1 September 13th 05 12:58 AM