Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Findor Findor is offline

Default How force FILENAME field code to update?

I run Word 2003 (ver.11) on WinXP/SP2.

I have used the field code FILENAME in the footer of a document.

The FILENAME does not get updated if I save the file with a new name,
close Word and then open the new file. This can ne very confusing.

How can I force the FILENAME in mt footer to update?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

A simple method is to switch to Print Preview and back. Note that this
update may not be saved, unless you also edit the document text. (If you are
not planning to do any "real" edits immediately, just inserting and deleting
a space will suffice to flag the document as modified, and allow it to save
properly.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP