Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
faxylady faxylady is offline

Default Inserting Return Symbol

A PDF document has been downloaded and saved as a Word Document. Using the
Find command, I would like to put a return symbol after the phone number.
What is the return symbol and also how do I insert a return (press enter key)
after all the phone numbers using the replace with function.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"faxylady" wrote:
A PDF document has been downloaded and saved as a Word Document.
Using the Find command, I would like to put a return symbol after the
phone number.
What is the return symbol and also how do I insert a return (press enter
key) after all the phone numbers using the replace with function.

It's called a paragraph mark in Word. You can find the special characters in
the Find/Replace dialog at the bottom under "More Special".
Or type it in: ^p

You can use
Replace with: ^&^p

^& inserts whatever you matched in "Find what" (the telephone number in your
case).

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kaja Kaja is offline

Go to insert then symbol. Insert the symbol Then go to edit, find and
replace and enter in the information there to find and replace. Let me know
if this works.
Best regards,
Kaja