Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fitz

Default Can I keep note references in a document but delete footnote text

IS there a way to keep the superscript footnote/endnote references in the
text of a document but delete the accompanying footnote/endnote text (but
keep in a separate file).

We're compiling an edited volume and the endnotes for each chapter will be
placed at the end of the book, but I can't remove them from each chapter
while preserving the superscript note reference in the text (short of
manually replacing each note reference point).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Rml0eg==?=,

I'm looking at Word 2003; don't know if what I'm seeing applies to other
versions...

I can delete all the text - leaving the paragraph marks - from the endnote
part of the document. The endnote reference numbers remain in the document
body. You will get quite a bit of empty space at the end of the document, but
you can format it with a very small font size and thus hopefully avoid empty
pages at the end of each document (chapter).

IS there a way to keep the superscript footnote/endnote references in the
text of a document but delete the accompanying footnote/endnote text (but
keep in a separate file).

We're compiling an edited volume and the endnotes for each chapter will be
placed at the end of the book, but I can't remove them from each chapter
while preserving the superscript note reference in the text (short of
manually replacing each note reference point).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org