Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PaulS PaulS is offline

Default Cannot Overwrite

Hello, I did a reformat on my laptop and noticed two things when I installed
my Office 2003.
1) It lags. When I am typing a report in Word I purposely have to type slow
to avoid letters being omitted. Every other application on my computer does
not have a problem like this.
2) When I select a group of text and type something to overwrite it, the
selcted text is not replaced, rather it is moved to the right and my newly
entered left appears before it. How do I get the text to overwrite this such
text. I know of the insert button, but I only want text that I highlight to
be replaced in this fashion.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Make sure that if you are running Norton AV you have its office plug-in
switched off.
Reinstall/update your printer driver.
See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm
As for the overwrite bit - check tools options edit typing replaces
selection

PaulS wrote:
Hello, I did a reformat on my laptop and noticed two things when I
installed my Office 2003.
1) It lags. When I am typing a report in Word I purposely have to
type slow to avoid letters being omitted. Every other application on
my computer does not have a problem like this.
2) When I select a group of text and type something to overwrite it,
the selcted text is not replaced, rather it is moved to the right and
my newly entered left appears before it. How do I get the text to
overwrite this such text. I know of the insert button, but I only
want text that I highlight to be replaced in this fashion.

Thanks!

I can't overwrite selected text atwombly Microsoft Word Help 10 June 28th 07 07:12 AM
Highlighting and typing doesn't overwrite text anymore. M_Helyar Microsoft Word Help 1 February 27th 06 08:22 PM
Overwrite prompt casey New Users 1 February 13th 06 06:39 PM
I've lost the ability to overwrite highlighted text! scaredycat Microsoft Word Help 1 September 17th 05 10:11 AM
Why are other people able to overwrite the templates I create? Helen Microsoft Word Help 2 August 17th 05 02:46 PM