Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Thartfield Thartfield is offline

Default I need help explaining exactly what compression is

I have an assignment on compression and I need help describing how
compression actually works.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson Tom Ferguson is offline

Try a Google or Ask search. Alternately, try something like Wikipedia to
start and go from there.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Thartfield" wrote in message
I have an assignment on compression and I need help describing how
compression actually works.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You have a tough job ahead of you - there are numerous compression
algorithms out there and they all work in somewhat different manners. As Tom
suggests there are far better resources on the subject than what can be
provided for you here.

Good Luck |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/10/07 2:06 PM, in article
, "Thartfield"
wrote:

I have an assignment on compression and I need help describing how
compression actually works.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BenT BenT is offline

Default font change

Morning,
How do I change the default font in Word? When I use the procedure as
indicated in help, the first blank page uses Calibri. I would like all Word
documents to open with Times New Roman as the selected default font. How can
I accomplish this?
Thanks.
Bent

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"BenT" wrote in message

Morning,
How do I change the default font in Word? When I use the procedure as
indicated in help, the first blank page uses Calibri. I would like all
Word documents to open with Times New Roman as the selected default font.
How can I accomplish this?
Thanks.
Bent

Firstly this is not a chat room - wait for a considerable length of time
before re-posting (24 hours at least).
Try this, courtesy of Herb Tyson MVP:
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S (Styles task pane--or, click the launcher in the
Styles section of the Home tab).

2. Click the Manage Styles dialog at the bottom of the Styles task pane.

3. In Manage Styles, click the Set Defaults tab. Make your changes.

4. At the bottom, click New documents based on this template.

5. Click OK.

HTH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Or simply select the Font Dialog (click the little arrow at the bottom of
the Font Group), select your font and press DEFAULT. Make sure that you
answer YES to the save changes to global template when quitting Word.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"BenT" wrote in message

Morning,
How do I change the default font in Word? When I use the procedure as
indicated in help, the first blank page uses Calibri. I would like all
Word documents to open with Times New Roman as the selected default font.
How can I accomplish this?
Thanks.
Bent

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers