Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
moniquenoel88 moniquenoel88 is offline

Default I can't locate the resume wizard in office 2007.

I'm using Office Home and Student 2007. I can't find the resume wizard that
was on the 2003 version. I'm working out of a office 2003 textbook.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Word 2007 does not have a résumé wizard.

moniquenoel88 wrote:

I'm using Office Home and Student 2007. I can't find the resume wizard that
was on the 2003 version. I'm working out of a office 2003 textbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Word 2007 is the most dramatic overhaul of Word since Word for Windows 1.0
was introduced in the late 1980s. A Word 2003 text book is going to have
some relevant bits, but for the most part, it's going to be like using a
goat's anatomy chart to try to understand the anatomy of a human.

If you upgraded from Word 2003, if you have a 2003 wizard, it should still
work--it works here, even keeping the .wiz extension.
Mine Word 2003 wizards were located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Templates\1033. For Word 2007 to see them, I had to copy/move them to
where Word 2007 keeps its templates (I'm using Vista... so this might not be
the same location for you... but it's C:\Users\[user
name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates.

Once you've put the 2003 wizards into the correct location, when you choose
Office - New, look in "My Templates..."

If you didn't upgrade from Word 2003, then you're out of luck as far as a
resume wizard goes. There are tons of resume templates you can use... but I
don't see any resume wizards.

Click Office button - New . In Microsoft Office Online, click on Resumes and
CVs... choose Basic, Job specific, or Situation specific, and see what's
available.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible