Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Stan is offline

Default Copy & Paste

Windows XP Home & Word 2003. Until recently I could Copy an item and then
Open a Word document and Paste but now I must open Word first or I cannot
Copy to the clipboard. I had this same problem a long time ago and solved it
but don't remember how. I've tried reinstalling but that didn't help. Very
annoying!
Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Some Word add-ins clear the Clipboard when they are loaded. The only way to
figure out which one is doing it is to move each one in turn out of Word's
Startup folder till you find the culprit.

"Stan" wrote in message
Windows XP Home & Word 2003. Until recently I could Copy an item and then
Open a Word document and Paste but now I must open Word first or I cannot
Copy to the clipboard. I had this same problem a long time ago and solved

it
but don't remember how. I've tried reinstalling but that didn't help. Very
annoying!
Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Stan is offline

Sounds good but how do I get to Word's Startup folder? I am not that
knowledgeable so please explain in detail. Thanks. Stan
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Some Word add-ins clear the Clipboard when they are loaded. The only way
figure out which one is doing it is to move each one in turn out of Word's
Startup folder till you find the culprit.

so
all may benefit.

"Stan" wrote in message
Windows XP Home & Word 2003. Until recently I could Copy an item and then
Open a Word document and Paste but now I must open Word first or I cannot
Copy to the clipboard. I had this same problem a long time ago and solved

it
but don't remember how. I've tried reinstalling but that didn't help.
Very
annoying!
Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Stan is offline

Thank You,
Stan
"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Stan wrote:

Sounds good but how do I get to Word's Startup folder? I am not that
knowledgeable so please explain in detail. Thanks. Stan
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

Some Word add-ins clear the Clipboard when they are loaded. The only way
figure out which one is doing it is to move each one in turn out of
Word's
Startup folder till you find the culprit.

so
all may benefit.

"Stan" wrote in message
. ..

Windows XP Home & Word 2003. Until recently I could Copy an item and
then
Open a Word document and Paste but now I must open Word first or I
cannot
Copy to the clipboard. I had this same problem a long time ago and
solved

it

but don't remember how. I've tried reinstalling but that didn't help.
Very
annoying!
Stan

Copy and Paste KimSimmons999 Microsoft Word Help 4 February 20th 07 05:06 PM
Select all, copy and paste doesn't copy the header Jmill Microsoft Word Help 3 January 18th 07 10:32 PM
Copy and Paste Hoa Nguyen Microsoft Word Help 0 September 30th 05 04:35 PM
Copy Paste Art Microsoft Word Help 3 May 16th 05 07:47 PM
How do I get copy/paste to copy/paste text and not the whole page Carol J. Microsoft Word Help 1 May 6th 05 09:03 PM