Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elizabeth Diane Langhans Elizabeth Diane Langhans is offline

Default Can i undo an overwrite?

I typed up a document, and saved it as module one. I later reopened the
document module 1, and majorly modified the document, intending to save it as
a completely different file, module 2. However, i accidentally hit "save"
instead of save as, and therefor the new document completely overwrote the
old one. I looked, and in my options i had not selected for word to make an
automatic back up of my files, and i have frantically been searching for
answers on how to recover the previous version of the file, or if there even
is a way. Any help, without criticism, would be greatly appreciated.