Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robin Clay

Default Lanscape Portrait

Greetings !

I have a page that is in columns and landscape orientation.

I want it in Portrait orientation - but when I try to change it, I get a
message:
"Settings you chose for the left & right
margins, column spacing or paragraph
indents are too large for the page width
in some sections"

....and it will not allow me to change things to suit !

Would SKS please PLEASE advise me how I can resolve this tiresome
predicament ?!?!

--
Regards

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robin Clay

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" was so kind as to write:

Go to Format | Columns, make sure "Whole document" is selected, and click
the button for One (even if it's already selected), then OK.

Alas! That was one of the first things I tried. I doesn't work.

Nor does changing the margins.

Nor does formatting the paragraphs.

(All with entire text selected, and opting for "entire document")

Sorry - but thanks for trying !

--
Regards

Robin
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robin Clay

Thank you for responding,
but No, it is definitely in columns.

When I try to adjust the column width,
it automatically re-sets it to what it was
before, when I move the cursor to the "OK" box.

Adjusting the margins also doesn't work,
for they, too, are automatically re-set.

And similarly with the paragraph indents.

I have "selected all" and pasted it
into another document - but if I
paste "format and all", then the column
format is copied as well, and the orientation.

If I paste just the text, then I lose
the Bold and Italic as well.

Try it yourself ! Set up some text on a landscape page, format it into
columns (one column), and then try to change it to Portrait, and see what
happens !

--
Regards

Robin

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Could it be that the 'columns' are actually a Table with the Gridlines off?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/19/06 6:27 PM, in article
, "Robin Clay" Robin_B
DOT Clay AT virgin.net wrote:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" was so kind as to write:

Go to Format | Columns, make sure "Whole document" is selected, and click
the button for One (even if it's already selected), then OK.

Alas! That was one of the first things I tried. I doesn't work.

Nor does changing the margins.

Nor does formatting the paragraphs.

(All with entire text selected, and opting for "entire document")

Sorry - but thanks for trying !

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robin Clay

Suzanne wrote:

change the number of columns to 2,
check the "Equal column width" box, then change it back to 1.

I've had another go at it, and - YES! - it now is in Portrait !

Thank you very much indeed !

Regards

Robin
In Dorset, UK