ak-47

Default how do I format a disk?

I got my resume on A floppy, and i been using it for about A month, now all
of A sudden it telling me that my disk is not formated. Now how do Ido this
and will I lose everything on there?
Charles Kenyon

Formatting it will lose everything. It is probably already gone. Sorry.

If you want to be able to use your documents, when working with in Word, act
as if your floppy drive does not exist. (This applies to CDRW/CDR drives as
well.)
Don't use Word to:
Open a document on a floppy
Print a document on a floppy
Edit a document on a floppy
Save a document to a floppy (not even a copy)

Word regularly trashes documents on floppy drives!

Instead, work on the document using your hard drive. Copy it back and forth
using Windows.

I know that for some with shared computers (libraries) this is a tough
prescription. All I can recommend for that is to use a brand new formatted
disk each time you save and don't do any editing.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"ak-47" wrote in message
I got my resume on A floppy, and i been using it for about A month, now all
of A sudden it telling me that my disk is not formated. Now how do Ido
this
and will I lose everything on there?

Scott Turchin

Even a small corruption to a floppy will cause the standard DOS message you
got. Norton Disk Doctor is a sure bet to fix it and recover your document if
it is recoverable. It is part of the Norton Utilities/Norton SystemWorks
offered by Symantec. Then keep your doc on the hard drive! good luck.
scott turchin in rainy california.

"ak-47" wrote:

I got my resume on A floppy, and i been using it for about A month, now all
of A sudden it telling me that my disk is not formated. Now how do Ido this
and will I lose everything on there?

ace_it

"ace_it" wrote:

You can try viewing the contents of the floppy on an older version of
Windows this has worked for me before.