Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Billy Bolster Billy Bolster is offline

Default How do I repeat a bookmark or hyperlink on every page of a doc?

I want to put a "Return to table of contents" on the top or bottom of each
page of a Word document. If I put a hyperlink in the footer, the link won't
work unless the footer is opened for editing. This won't due for our users.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

I've done this with auto text, but takes a little time to set up. Assuming
that you already know how to insert the hyperlink, insert your hyperlink
(easiest if you set this up on a blank document with the same margins as the
document you actually want it to appear), position it exactly where you want
it to appear in the document (make sure you format the text box so it doesn't
move on you), then highlight the entire page, then insert, autotext, new and
name your auto text. Now go back to the document you want the hyperlink on
and go to autotext, autotext and select the name you just gave to this new
entry you created and autotext will insert the hyperlink right where you want
it.

"Billy Bolster" wrote:

I want to put a "Return to table of contents" on the top or bottom of each
page of a Word document. If I put a hyperlink in the footer, the link won't
work unless the footer is opened for editing. This won't due for our users.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Billy Bolster[_2_] Billy Bolster[_2_] is offline

Thanks PJY, but that only worked on one page, I want the hyperlink to appear
automatically on each page of the document. Am I doing something wrong?
thanks,
Billy

"Billy Bolster" wrote:

I want to put a "Return to table of contents" on the top or bottom of each
page of a Word document. If I put a hyperlink in the footer, the link won't
work unless the footer is opened for editing. This won't due for our users.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

No, not doing anything wrong - you do have to run the autotext for each page
unless you create a macro related to the autotext.