Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kimer12345 kimer12345 is offline

Default mail merge generates only 1 page of labels?...

I have created a DOC file in which there are *several hundred* labels
that are generated from an excel data source.

However, if I chose to "save" the doc file (that is linked to the data
file), and then PRINT that file, only the first page of labels are
saved?...

I created the DOC file so that every time I wanted to print the labels,
I would not have to go through the tedious task of doing the mail merge
(selecting what data, what type of labels, what address block & field
matching, etc....)?

What am I doing wrong? Desparate!

Thanks in advance -
Kim.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kimer12345 kimer12345 is offline

to add: It looks like if I "preview" every label (which takes
*forever*) and print them straight from my mail merge (instead of
saving the file and having it link to any and all applicable data
there), it works. But it takes soooooo long to do set up the mail
merge, and preview every label (hundreds!!) and I'd l have to do it
once a month?... this cannot be right! I hope not!

kimer12345 wrote:
I have created a DOC file in which there are *several hundred* labels
that are generated from an excel data source.

However, if I chose to "save" the doc file (that is linked to the data
file), and then PRINT that file, only the first page of labels are
saved?...

I created the DOC file so that every time I wanted to print the labels,
I would not have to go through the tedious task of doing the mail merge
(selecting what data, what type of labels, what address block & field
matching, etc....)?

What am I doing wrong? Desparate!

Thanks in advance -
Kim.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You are not actually executing the mailmerge.

From the view menu, select Toolbars and turn on the Mail Merge toolbar and
use the buttons at the right
hand end of the toolbar to execute the merge either to the printer or to a
new document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.