Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ingcarlosc ingcarlosc is offline

Default MailMerge WORD2003 - EXCEL2003

When I´m open a file of word2003 they ask me if the Database run.
You click "YES" and only open the word document.
And the Excel not.

How i can do to open the excel document too?

--
ingcarlosc
ingcarlosc's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4226

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Ingcarlosc,

When I´m open a file of word2003 they ask me if the Database run.
You click "YES" and only open the word document.
And the Excel not.

How i can do to open the excel document too?

Word only opens the Excel application with the merge source if
you're using a DDE connection. Word 2003 uses an OLE DB connection
by default. In order to specify a DDE connection when linking in
the data source, you need to activate "Confirm conversions on open"
in Tools/Options/General.

Note: DDE is a very old technology. It no longer works on all
machine configurations.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 17
2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)