Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jannr Jannr is offline

Default Directory Access on Word 2007

The IT guy just redid my computer, sigh. When I hit control "O" all I get is
access to one drive -- I do not get the "side bar" menu options or "tree"
allowing me to chose other drives as it did before he messed with it. Under
options/file locations I was able to change the default directory to our main
drive which is "H" but it does not allow me to move between let's say the
"H" and "C" drives, or any other drives. And when working with documents
sometimes within that directory I find I hit a wall and have to go out and
come back in via the start menu and computer. I do not have "My Computer"
either. I'm sorry I can't explain this better.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Windows are you running?

Do you have an Organize button at the top left when you press Ctrl+O? If so,
click Organize - Layout - Navigation Pane.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Jannr" wrote in message
The IT guy just redid my computer, sigh. When I hit control "O" all I get
is
access to one drive -- I do not get the "side bar" menu options or "tree"
allowing me to chose other drives as it did before he messed with it.
Under
options/file locations I was able to change the default directory to our
main
drive which is "H" but it does not allow me to move between let's say the
"H" and "C" drives, or any other drives. And when working with documents
sometimes within that directory I find I hit a wall and have to go out and
come back in via the start menu and computer. I do not have "My Computer"
either. I'm sorry I can't explain this better.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jannr Jannr is offline

Vista 2007.

I think I do, but can't access my computer remotely to check right now
because he left it indexing files and almost 24 hours later yesterday it was
still doing so, so I had to leave my computer on and locked. As soon as I
can look at it I will try that, but if memory serves I tried every button on
the screen and nothing worked. Thanks, I'll let you know.