Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan Alan is offline

Default Adding form fields in Word 2007

How do I add a form field in Word 2007? In Word 2003 I clicked
ViewToolbarsForm and all I had to do was click on the icon to add a field.
Then when I locked the form using the icon on the same toolbar I could simply
tab from field to field and fill them in as needed. Closest I can find in
2007 is "Create forms that users complete in Word" but it is very complicated
and doesn't seem to end up with what I'm trying to do. Any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Office button menu, Word Options. Under Popular, select "Show Developer
tab". Then leave Options and take a look at the newly appeared Developer
tab. That gives you what you are looking for.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Alan" wrote in message
:

How do I add a form field in Word 2007? In Word 2003 I clicked
ViewToolbarsForm and all I had to do was click on the icon to add a field.
Then when I locked the form using the icon on the same toolbar I could simply
tab from field to field and fill them in as needed. Closest I can find in
2007 is "Create forms that users complete in Word" but it is very complicated
and doesn't seem to end up with what I'm trying to do. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan Alan is offline

Hey Patrick,
I had already been in the developer tab but still can't figure out how to
add the form field like the ones in 2003.

"Alan" wrote in message
:

How do I add a form field in Word 2007? In Word 2003 I clicked
ViewToolbarsForm and all I had to do was click on the icon to add a field.
Then when I locked the form using the icon on the same toolbar I could simply
tab from field to field and fill them in as needed. Closest I can find in
2007 is "Create forms that users complete in Word" but it is very complicated
and doesn't seem to end up with what I'm trying to do. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In the Controls group, click the Legacy Tools button (the fourth one
in the second row). The dropdown gallery from that button contains the
form fields under "Legacy Forms" and the former Control Toolbox
objects under "ActiveX Controls".

After you insert the form fields, you'll need to use the Protect
Document button near the right end of the Developer ribbon.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

: