Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jerry Slaff Jerry Slaff is offline

Default merged records on status bar

Just upgraded to Office 2007. I do a lot of mail merging to e-mail. In
previous version, as the document was merged and passed to the e-mail client,
I could see a running count of the number of records merged in Word's status
bar at the bottom. Was this dropped for Office 2007? Can I get it back
somehow?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Right Click on the status bar and see if by checking one of the available
items there, you can gain the functionality that you are after.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jerry Slaff" Jerry wrote in message
Just upgraded to Office 2007. I do a lot of mail merging to e-mail. In
previous version, as the document was merged and passed to the e-mail
client,
I could see a running count of the number of records merged in Word's
status
bar at the bottom. Was this dropped for Office 2007? Can I get it back
somehow?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jerry Slaff[_2_] Jerry Slaff[_2_] is offline

Doug,

Thanks for the reply. I just tried it with EVERYTHING checked on the status
bar, and did not get the running count of merged records I did in previous
versions of Word, going back to Word 97 (and possibly earlier). Any idea if
this was dropped, and how I could get it back? Am I missing a setting buried
deep in Word?

Jerry