Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JeanieB JeanieB is offline

Default Word Normal Template has changed

Whether it is a software bug or I have somehow accidentally changed my Normal
template, I can't seem to fix it. WORD now opens with a document that is 4x6
instead of 8.5x11. Even though I have defined the page layout as 8.5x11
paper with normal margins top, bottom, left and right, the ruler won't change
the default size of the document to the correct size.

PLEASE HELP!!
If something has been corrupted and I have to uninstall and reinstall WORD,
will I lose all my documents?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Jeanie,

Whether it is a software bug or I have somehow accidentally changed my Normal
template, I can't seem to fix it. WORD now opens with a document that is 4x6
instead of 8.5x11. Even though I have defined the page layout as 8.5x11
paper with normal margins top, bottom, left and right, the ruler won't change
the default size of the document to the correct size.

PLEASE HELP!!
If something has been corrupted and I have to uninstall and reinstall WORD,
will I lose all my documents?

Which version of Word is this?

Usually, this kind of problem can't be fixed by uninstall/re-install. But rest assured, if you would uninstall/re-
install it will NOT affect any of your documents.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)