Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lollapot Lollapot is offline

Default wireless optical mouse not working properly

My A4 Tech wireless optical mouse is not working properly. When I use the
double click on the left button it does not open a file as it used to. I
also used to double click on a word or text to highlight it and it does not
want to do it now. If I right click I can choose the "open" feature but I
need to use the double click feature as it is faster and I do a lot of
typing. This is urgent please!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sgzoe sgzoe is offline

I'm having the same problem. I tried a wired mouse and it did not fix it.
Does anyone have any other ideas?

"Lollapot" wrote:

My A4 Tech wireless optical mouse is not working properly. When I use the
double click on the left button it does not open a file as it used to. I
also used to double click on a word or text to highlight it and it does not
want to do it now. If I right click I can choose the "open" feature but I
need to use the double click feature as it is faster and I do a lot of
typing. This is urgent please!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is still a hardware problem that has nothing to do with Word. If this
is a microsoft mouse, then post in microsoft.public.mshardware.product or
some other newsgroup that has "hardware" in the name. If a wired mouse also
has problems, it's probably a driver issue; you might try checking the
settings in Control Panel | Mouse. If this is a laptop, make sure you have
external pointing devices enabled.