Candace

Default Naming a cell

Is there any way to name a cell in a Word table (like you can in Excel)? I
would like to be able to reference the cell by a name rather than by "A1, B2,
or D3"?
Doug Robbins

Use a bookmark.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Candace" wrote in message
Is there any way to name a cell in a Word table (like you can in Excel)? I
would like to be able to reference the cell by a name rather than by "A1,
B2,
or D3"?

Candace

Okay. I just tried the bookmarks but the totals aren't coming out correctly.
I named one bookmark "cell1" and the other "cell2", then in a 3rd cell I
typed the following formula without the quotes "=sum(cell1,cell2)". Then I
placed the number "200" in cell1 and the number 300 in cell2, but the total
the formula gave me was "1000" instead of "500". It seems to be doubling the
figures. Any suggestions?

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Use a bookmark.

--

"Candace" wrote in message
Is there any way to name a cell in a Word table (like you can in Excel)? I
would like to be able to reference the cell by a name rather than by "A1,
B2,
or D3"?

Luc

Candace,
Bookmark the number not the whole cell, that seems to work here.
Luc
"Candace" schreef in bericht
Okay. I just tried the bookmarks but the totals aren't coming out
correctly.
I named one bookmark "cell1" and the other "cell2", then in a 3rd cell I
typed the following formula without the quotes "=sum(cell1,cell2)". Then I
placed the number "200" in cell1 and the number 300 in cell2, but the
total
the formula gave me was "1000" instead of "500". It seems to be doubling
the
figures. Any suggestions?

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Use a bookmark.

--

"Candace" wrote in message
Is there any way to name a cell in a Word table (like you can in
Excel)? I
would like to be able to reference the cell by a name rather than by
"A1,
B2,
or D3"?

Except that this has to be done after the number is entered; otherwise the
number overwrites the bookmark.

"Luc" wrote in message
Candace,
Bookmark the number not the whole cell, that seems to work here.
Luc
"Candace" schreef in bericht
Okay. I just tried the bookmarks but the totals aren't coming out
correctly.
I named one bookmark "cell1" and the other "cell2", then in a 3rd cell I
typed the following formula without the quotes "=sum(cell1,cell2)". Then

placed the number "200" in cell1 and the number 300 in cell2, but the
total
the formula gave me was "1000" instead of "500". It seems to be doubling
the
figures. Any suggestions?

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Use a bookmark.

--

"Candace" wrote in message
Is there any way to name a cell in a Word table (like you can in
Excel)? I
would like to be able to reference the cell by a name rather than by
"A1,
B2,
or D3"?

Placing 1st table into a cell within 2nd table kathryngriffin1962 Tables 2 June 2nd 05 04:09 AM
runoff words in a cell Teacher_Becky Tables 3 January 27th 05 11:47 PM
word table cell resize or word table cell size change or word table change cell size [email protected] Tables 0 January 13th 05 09:55 PM
copy cell to cell Tlogan Tables 1 January 5th 05 09:20 PM
Shading does not fill entire cell Fred Holmes Tables 1 October 28th 04 10:18 PM