Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DGENG

Default Page number in word 2K document

In a machine running Win2K and Office 2K I have the following problem in w
word 2K document:
The pages are numbered 1 of 5, 2 of 5 and so on.
In the print preview, the page nubering looks OK. When I print the documet,
the page numbering goes 1 of 1, 2 of 2 and so on.
It was OK on other documents I printed, even today.

Please advice.
Thanks!

--
ד.×’.×”×*דסה
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

Do you have section breaks at the end of each page, with page numbering
starting over for each section? Click your Show/Hide button on the Standard
tool bar and see if that's what it might be. If there are section breaks
reformat the page numbers so that they continue numbering from the last
section.
--
Kevin Backmann

"DGENG" wrote:

In a machine running Win2K and Office 2K I have the following problem in w
word 2K document:
The pages are numbered 1 of 5, 2 of 5 and so on.
In the print preview, the page nubering looks OK. When I print the documet,
the page numbering goes 1 of 1, 2 of 2 and so on.
It was OK on other documents I printed, even today.

Please advice.
Thanks!

--
ד.×’.×”×*דסה

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

There is a bug in Word that is different in different versions (including
different SRs).
See http://www.addbalance.com/word/pagexofy.htm or
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm for information on Page
X of Y problems. You may also want to take a look at:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm. If it applies
you may also want to look at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumber0.htm.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"DGENG" wrote in message
In a machine running Win2K and Office 2K I have the following problem in w
word 2K document:
The pages are numbered 1 of 5, 2 of 5 and so on.
In the print preview, the page nubering looks OK. When I print the
documet,
the page numbering goes 1 of 1, 2 of 2 and so on.
It was OK on other documents I printed, even today.

Please advice.
Thanks!

--
?.?.?????