David

Default Deleting a word in dictionary of MS Word 2003 not custom dic.?

I was spell checking a Word doc and it did not highlight "aceepted" as a
misspelled word (accepted). I then opened a new Word document and typed in
"aceepted" and it underlined it as misspelled. What is happening? How did it
not catch it in one document, but catch it in another one? Is there a way to
"fix" it in the original document to underline "aceepted" if it appears again
somewhere else later on as people work and update/edit the text in the
document?

I went into my custom dictionary and did not find that I had added the word
"aceepted" in there. My dictionary only had about 25 words. Is there another
dictionary I should check? What's going on? Do I have a file that is
corrupted or did I pick something to ignore that misspelled word? Help.

Jay Freedman

David wrote:
I was spell checking a Word doc and it did not highlight "aceepted"
as a misspelled word (accepted). I then opened a new Word document
and typed in "aceepted" and it underlined it as misspelled. What is
happening? How did it not catch it in one document, but catch it in
another one? Is there a way to "fix" it in the original document to
underline "aceepted" if it appears again somewhere else later on as
people work and update/edit the text in the document?

I went into my custom dictionary and did not find that I had added
the word "aceepted" in there. My dictionary only had about 25 words.
Is there another dictionary I should check? What's going on? Do I
have a file that is corrupted or did I pick something to ignore that
misspelled word? Help.

Hi David,

None of the above. More likely, the misspelled word was marked with "Do not
check spelling".

Select the word that isn't being recognized, or preferably the entire
document. Go to Tools Language Set Language. Clear the checkbox for "Do
not check spelling or grammar" and click OK.

Now go to Tools Spelling & Grammar and click the Recheck Document button.
Now the misspelling should be recognized.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 12:04 AM