Gene

Default Can't see text in template

Greetings,
I dwnlded a template from MS and it has the usual "place your text here"
area's. When I print preview the template without adding my own text the
"place your text here" is not displayed. Even when I replace the template
text with my own text it will not display in PP mode or even print to the
printer. How can this text appear on the monitor but not in PP or to the
printer??? Help is appreciated.......... MUG

Echo S

This is a PowerPoint question, but you've ended up in the Word newsgroup.

Anyway, that specific text in the placeholders ("click to add text") is
designed not to show up in a slide show or when you print. Only text you
actually type in will show/print.

If you go to View/Master/Slide Master and replace that "click to add text"
with your own text, it still reverts to "click to add text" when you look at
the slide (View/Normal). That's because the "click to add text" statement
cannot be changed -- because it has these special attributes, as you've
noticed.

If you have more PPT questions, you will want to post them in the PPT group.
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.powerpoint will get you there
in OE, which I see is what you're using to post.

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com

"Gene" wrote in message
Greetings,
I dwnlded a template from MS and it has the usual "place your text here"
area's. When I print preview the template without adding my own text the
"place your text here" is not displayed. Even when I replace the template
text with my own text it will not display in PP mode or even print to the
printer. How can this text appear on the monitor but not in PP or to the
printer??? Help is appreciated.......... MUG

Echo S

My apologies. It sounded exactly like questions we get in the PPT group.

I'll bow out and leave the Word stuff to the Word experts!

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
This is *not* a PPT question. PP here refers to Print Preview.

so
all may benefit.

"Gene" wrote in message
Greetings,
I dwnlded a template from MS and it has the usual "place your text

here"
area's. When I print preview the template without adding my own text

the
"place your text here" is not displayed. Even when I replace the

template
text with my own text it will not display in PP mode or even print to

the
printer. How can this text appear on the monitor but not in PP or to

the
printer??? Help is appreciated.......... MUG

Gene

I thought that also but that option is checked in the options area. None of
the text shows up - not the pre-printed text or the text I add. It is on
the monitor but disappears in print preview and when sent to the printer.
This just baffles me as it is an MS template from the MS website (a template
to print out DVD back cover and small side panels for jewel cases) not some
off the wall 3rd party one. This has got to be something easy but it is
eluding me.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Most likely the text areas are text boxes. These do not print or display
in
Print Preview unless you have "Drawing objects" checked on the Print tab
of
Tools | Options.

so

Gene

You were right, I was on the wrong tab. Sorry for not paying attention when
I read you reply. I'm always checking the VIEW tab from force of habit.
Now I can proceed to make the DVD covers. Thanks so much for the help I
appreciate it very much............ Gene

"Gene" wrote in message
[...]

I'm glad I was right (and stubborn) since I couldn't think of any other
possible explanation!

"Gene" wrote in message
[...]

How can I create an invoice template and keep text anchored caemart Microsoft Word Help 1 July 18th 05 05:18 PM
On a Word template, how do i make the text wrap around? guntherhead Page Layout 5 July 8th 05 04:07 PM
End/FootNote text style Shaun Page Layout 4 July 5th 05 04:36 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM