Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stephany Stephany is offline

Default Can only select Popular Options after opening Word Options

I just upgraded from Office 2003 Pro to Office 2007 Pro Plus, on an XP SP2
machine.

When I open Word Options, I can only use the Popular Options, and cannot
select the other options: Display, Proofing, Save, Advanced, Customize,
Add-ins, Trust Center or Resources. I can view and select Excel Options, but
not in Word. I have re-installed, run a repair, run diagnostic tests etc.

Any ideas?
Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Stephany,

There are several 3rd party add-ins that have been reported to cause this. Laserfiche and Flashpaper are two. If you're using
those you may want to check with the author's website to see if they have updates available.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stephany Stephany is offline

We are using LaserFiche! Thank you SOOOOOO much for responding to my post. We
also had this problem with upgrading from Office 2000 to 2003, but only on
some machines - this solves that mystery too!

Thanks again - you're a life saver!