Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alicia Alicia is offline

Default add to existing table of contents

I have a large document with a lengthy table of contents. I've inserted items
and added sections. Unfortunately, I didn't think to mark them. How do I add
those items to the existing table of contents? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Format your headings using Heading styles. Then the TOC is automatic and you
don't have to do anything but update it.

"Alicia" wrote in message
I have a large document with a lengthy table of contents. I've inserted
items
and added sections. Unfortunately, I didn't think to mark them. How do I
add
those items to the existing table of contents? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

For more on what Jezebel is suggesting, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Alicia" wrote in message
I have a large document with a lengthy table of contents. I've

inserted
items
and added sections. Unfortunately, I didn't think to mark them.

How do I
add
those items to the existing table of contents? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Glad to help--and thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP