Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LizS LizS is offline

Default I want to add more than one line to an existing table in Word

I use tables in Word alot and want to be able add more than one line at a
time to an existing tablecan anyone help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Do you mean rows? If you want to add 2 rows, hightlight two rows; if you want
to add 5 rows, hightlight 5 rows, etc before going to the Table menu and
Insert Rows above or below the highlighted section. Does this help?
--
Rae Drysdale

"LizS" wrote:

I use tables in Word alot and want to be able add more than one line at a
time to an existing tablecan anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I usually add one and then use CTRL+Y to repeat the command. I find that a
fast way to do it but I'm comfortable with using the keyboard.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"LizS" wrote in message
I use tables in Word alot and want to be able add more than one line at a
time to an existing tablecan anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think that's one reason I like Office products. There are often multiple
ways to do the same thing and you can decide which way works better for you.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I select one, right-click and choose Insert Rows, then select the resulting
two and F4, select the resulting four and F4, etc., until I get the needed
number.

so
all may benefit.

"LizS" wrote in message
I use tables in Word alot and want to be able add more than one line at
time to an existing tablecan anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LizS LizS is offline

"Rae Drysdale" wrote:

Do you mean rows? If you want to add 2 rows, hightlight two rows; if you want
to add 5 rows, hightlight 5 rows, etc before going to the Table menu and
Insert Rows above or below the highlighted section. Does this help?
--
Rae Drysdale

Thanks everyone I think it was offfice 98 or maybe an earlier version you
could stipulate how many rows you wanted to add.

"LizS" wrote:

I use tables in Word alot and want to be able add more than one line at a
time to an existing tablecan anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vabulous vabulous is offline

Selecting a row here to add a row there gets to be tedious when you want to
add 143 rows and don't want to have to keep count. As most of the docs i
create also have large tables, I have found that lining up the cursor on the
line directly below the last row of the table and then doing a "Table",
"Insert","Table" allows me to enter the exact number of rows (and columns) I
need....without having to keep count.

"LizS" wrote:

I use tables in Word alot and want to be able add more than one line at a
time to an existing tablecan anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Did you read the other suggestions in this thread?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP