Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bentley

Default Printing 5.5 x 4.25 reply cards

Hi,
I am trying to print off wedding reply cards and am having a LOT of trouble
trying to get the Word file formating correct.
I would like to have two 5.5 x 4.25 cards per 5.5 x 8.5 sheet

I tried setting the layout to 5.5 x 8.5 then making 2 pages per page, but
(not surprisingly) it didn't work.

Thanks

B.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Use a two cell, borderless table in the document and repeat the information
in each cell.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Bentley" wrote in message
Hi,
I am trying to print off wedding reply cards and am having a LOT of
trouble
trying to get the Word file formating correct.
I would like to have two 5.5 x 4.25 cards per 5.5 x 8.5 sheet

I tried setting the layout to 5.5 x 8.5 then making 2 pages per page, but
(not surprisingly) it didn't work.

Thanks

B.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bentley

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the advice,
I need to have two cards per page since my reply card kit comes with 5.5x8.5
invitation cards and reply cards (the latter which consist of two separate
cards with a perforation between).

I've continued to try and work with the 5.5 x 8.5 page size setup in word,
but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get both copies on the same page and
even. I keep being told that the margins are outside the printable area. When
I fix the problem I end up with a huge margin at the bottom (which knocks
most of second card text onto another page).

Any ideas where I might be going wrong? Is there some I specifically need to
do with the printer?
Thanks again

Bentley

"Bentley" wrote in message
Hi,
I am trying to print off wedding reply cards and am having a LOT of

trouble
trying to get the Word file formating correct.
I would like to have two 5.5 x 4.25 cards per 5.5 x 8.5 sheet

I tried setting the layout to 5.5 x 8.5 then making 2 pages per page, but
(not surprisingly) it didn't work.

Thanks

B.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Although "2 pages per sheet" would certainly be the easiest approach, you
could also use two columns or a three-column table. If you use columns, set
the space between columns equal to the sum of the left and right margins. If
you use a table set the width of the center column to the sum of left and
right margins.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If these come four to a sheet, use Avery 3263 - Post Card (landscape) or
5845 Note card (portrait) in Tools | Envelopes and Labels.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.