Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Vincent[_2_] Vincent[_2_] is offline

Default Changing Pagesize

I live in a country that has the gal to use another default pagesize than
Letter-size. Ever so often I pick something from a webpage. The problem
occurs when I try to print€¦
If I fail to manually change the pagesize from this format to the format
used here (A4), the printer halts. The only way to solve this is to walk up
to the printer and press continues. This is a drag€¦
What I would like is some sort of code that automatically changes the
current pagesize to the size accepted by my printer. Alas, I have no idea how
to do this. Ideas anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Under Word options, there is a setting 'Scale for content A4 or Ltr sizes'.
This will automatically rescale Letter to A4 and will not get the printer
error.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Vincent" wrote in message
I live in a country that has the gal to use another default pagesize than
Letter-size. Ever so often I pick something from a webpage. The problem
occurs when I try to print€¦
If I fail to manually change the pagesize from this format to the format
used here (A4), the printer halts. The only way to solve this is to walk
up
to the printer and press continues. This is a drag€¦
What I would like is some sort of code that automatically changes the
current pagesize to the size accepted by my printer. Alas, I have no idea
how
to do this. Ideas anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Firstly, check in Tools, Options, Print, Allow A4/Letter paper resizing is
checked.
On the Print dialog you do have the option to scale to paper size and A4 is
one of the options. Not sure if you can set this as a default, and if so what
problems this may cause. That is about all you can do with Word.
Secondly, see if your printer's properties has any setting to allow auto
scaling between the two sizes.
All the best
DeanH