Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
westcoms westcoms is offline

Default Missing Headders and Footers

We use various versions of MS Word so I have to down save docs to send to
others. I created a doc, down saved to send to someone else and when I got
it back. My headders and footers are missing.

It came back in that page view where it does not show you the top or bottom
margins. I usually click on the Print Layout (under View) to see all my
page. This choice is selected and I can not find anywhere to get them back.
Does anyone have a suggestion? They are there when I click on Print
Preview.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Since you didn't mention which version you happen to be using - the
corrective action depends on version - the only thing that's apparent is
that the other user has hidden the White Space. See:

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"westcoms" wrote in message
We use various versions of MS Word so I have to down save docs to send to
others. I created a doc, down saved to send to someone else and when I
got
it back. My headders and footers are missing.

It came back in that page view where it does not show you the top or
bottom
margins. I usually click on the Print Layout (under View) to see all my
page. This choice is selected and I can not find anywhere to get them
back.
Does anyone have a suggestion? They are there when I click on Print
Preview.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
westcoms westcoms is offline

sorry, version I'm using is 2007 other person I sent the doc to has at most
2003 if not the XP (2002) version

"westcoms" wrote in message
We use various versions of MS Word so I have to down save docs to send to
others. I created a doc, down saved to send to someone else and when I
got
it back. My headders and footers are missing.

It came back in that page view where it does not show you the top or
bottom
margins. I usually click on the Print Layout (under View) to see all my
page. This choice is selected and I can not find anywhere to get them
back.
Does anyone have a suggestion? They are there when I click on Print
Preview.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

The link I gave you will answer the question for either version.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"westcoms" wrote in message
We use various versions of MS Word so I have to down save docs to send
others. I created a doc, down saved to send to someone else and when
got
it back. My headders and footers are missing.

It came back in that page view where it does not show you the top or
bottom
margins. I usually click on the Print Layout (under View) to see all
my
page. This choice is selected and I can not find anywhere to get them
back.
Does anyone have a suggestion? They are there when I click on Print
Preview.

Missing Headers & Footers Carlee Page Layout 3 November 8th 08 04:58 PM
Footers Missing tinks New Users 1 September 13th 08 06:35 PM
Footers missing in Word 2000 Donna M. Microsoft Word Help 3 October 10th 07 03:26 PM
Missing Headers and Footers Lynn DeGuire Mailmerge 1 July 24th 07 08:22 PM
Insert autotext missing in headers/footers Vince T Microsoft Word Help 7 November 13th 06 02:34 PM