Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Keith Keith is offline

Default Problem with line in footer

Hello,
I received a Word document from another person, and need to edit the document.
When the document arrived, it contained footers and at the top of each
footer is a line. It's like a border line, but it doesn't show up if I try
to access using the format borders settings. I need to remove the line.
What can I do?

Thank you,

Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If it isn't a border, it may be an underline of the previous paragraph. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"keith" wrote in message
Hello,
I received a Word document from another person, and need to edit the
document.
When the document arrived, it contained footers and at the top of each
footer is a line. It's like a border line, but it doesn't show up if I
try
to access using the format borders settings. I need to remove the line.
What can I do?

Thank you,

Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Keith Keith is offline

Hi Terry and Suzanne,
Thank you both for your help.
The Control/Q worked when I selected the area containing the line.
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Keith Keith is offline

Hi Terry and Suzanne,
At the link I found a reference to using control/Q to remove a line and it
worked.
Thank you both for your help.
Keith

Short horiz line above footer with line KOConnor Page Layout 5 February 20th 09 10:28 PM
line in footer ddt Microsoft Word Help 6 August 2nd 08 10:13 PM
line above footer PL Microsoft Word Help 8 June 12th 08 02:34 PM
Footer problem - please help!!! eternal_flame Microsoft Word Help 4 November 22nd 07 11:05 AM
How do I get a line in a footer? Husker87 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 19th 06 05:38 PM