Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Auditor The Auditor is offline

Default How do I remove background shading

I recently upgraded from Word 97 to 2003 and now find I cannot remove
background shading from the 97 documents. The 'no fill' option does not work
nor does changing the field code under options. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's going to depend on how the shading was applied. Press Ctrl+A, then
press Shift+F1 to display the Reveal Formatting pane, expand all of the top
levels, and see if there are any indications there as to how the shading was
applied.

Try the same thing in the Header/Footer area, so see if the shading was
applied there.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"The Auditor" The wrote in message
news
I recently upgraded from Word 97 to 2003 and now find I cannot remove
background shading from the 97 documents. The 'no fill' option does not
work
nor does changing the field code under options. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Auditor[_2_] The Auditor[_2_] is offline

Thanks Herb

I have since found that using the short cut icon will remove the shading but
I still get no joy trying the go through the format menu.

Your advice is appreciated

Mike