Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hoosierkittymom

Default Is there a field for putting a future date in the document body?

I send out payment demand notices. Is there a way I can have a field in Word
that would put a must respond by date of 10 days in the future from today's
date on top of the document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

1. Open the template you use for these notices.

2. Go to File Properties. Add a Custom property called RespondBy. Set the
type to Date and add a date value (doesn't matter what date - it's just a
dummy for setup purposes).

3. In the body of the document, where you want the date to appear, insert a
DocProperty field: { DocProperty RespondBy }.

4. Add this macro to the template ---

Public Sub AutoNew()
ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties("RespondBy ") = Now + 10
ActiveDocument.Fields.Update
End Sub

"Hoosierkittymom" wrote in
message ...
I send out payment demand notices. Is there a way I can have a field in
Word
that would put a must respond by date of 10 days in the future from
today's
date on top of the document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Yes, but it is complicated - see
http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_...than_today.htm

Hoosierkittymom wrote:
I send out payment demand notices. Is there a way I can have a field
in Word that would put a must respond by date of 10 days in the
future from today's date on top of the document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

This is more complex than you might imagine, but it can be done. See
http://addbalance.com/word/datefields2.htm for information on the different
kinds of ways to make a date calculation work. It includes links to
utilities to create the fields and an explanation of different macros that
can be used instead of fields. It also has a link to
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902 which is a document
with various fields already created.

--
Charles Kenyon